With facilities at the Botanique/Terranova and Méridien locations of the Clinic Saint-Jean, our department provides complete management of non-surgical diseases of the musculoskeletal system:
- Diagnosis and management of degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system
- Electroneuromyography (ENMG)
- Sport medicine and sport traumatology
- Isokinetic assessment and rehabilitation (BIODEX) (Méridien location)
- Chronic pain
- Back training
- Peripheral neurological conditions (sciatica, carpal tunnel, cervicobrachialgia)
- Functional rehabilitation: orthopaedic / neurological / uro-gynaecological / cardio-pulmonary /spinal
Multidisciplinary management of musculoskeletal conditions involves various disciplines (physiotherapist, occupational therapists, psychologists, nurses, social workers, speech therapists, prosthetists, etc.) and requires collaboration with other departments (orthopaedics, rheumatology, neurology, neurosurgery, etc.) at the Clinic.
Centre for physical medicine and functional rehabilitation
Outpatients can benefit from cross-disciplinary management at our centres for physical medicine and functional rehabilitation housed at the Clinic’s Terranova and Méridien locations.
With the benefit of ongoing training, physiotherapists and occupational therapists have particular specialisation in the management of:
- shoulder conditions (frozen shoulder, rotator cuff damage, etc.),
- complex regional syndrome, painful regional complex syndrome (formerly known as algoneurodystrophy),
- vestibular problems, in uro-gynaecological rehabilitation,
- lower back pain, chronic dorsalgia via back training
- sport physiotherapy
We are also very happy to be able to offer osteopathic management and manipulative therapy, on medical prescription and under the care of a physical medicine doctor, within the health insurance fee schedule.