The social service assists the Clinic Saint-Jean in its mission to provide comprehensive, individualised, high-quality care for all patients.
Our work is carried out in a confidential and respectful manner.
We are at your disposal to provide information during your stay and give guidance with respect to administration, financial affairs (e.g. CPAS (public social welfare centre), insurance, psychological and social issues linked to your stay and questions concerning post-hospitalisation matters.
We have departments at our three locations.
Below are a few examples of the areas in which we are involved:
- At-home assistance (nurses, physiotherapists, occupational science, home help, domestic help, equipment rental, etc.)
- Organising stays at rehabilitation centres or other plans on your discharge from the clinic (transport, etc.)
- Making contact with CPAS, health insurance funds, insurance companies, etc.
- Referring persons to the various departments at the Clinic
- Assistance and guidance in legal matters
- Offering support and an attentive ear for your difficult situations
- Liaising with the clinic’s professionals, etc.
Contact information and opening hours
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 9h to 17h (closed between 12h30 and 13h00)
Social service division during office hours: 02/221.93.93
EMMAV division during office hours: 02/221.94.94 (Handles all insurability matters)
Reva (IN) division during office hours: 02/221.95.95 (Manages the Saint-Jean rehabilitation centres)
Reva (OUT) division during office hours: 02/221.96.96 (Requests for rehabilitation for Saint-Jean patients at the various internal and external centres)
Department Head: Delphine Hertz (02/221.95.55)
You can also contact the social services department from the Clinic’s reception desk or by asking the nursing unit staff to contact the person in the post of social services assistant in the nursing unit.