Rheumatology is the medical speciality specifically used for treating bone and joint diseases (osteoarthritis and arthritis). It has to do with the diagnosis and treatment of systemic autoimmune diseases (affecting several systems: cardiovascular system, pulmonary system, renal system, etc.)
- Chronic inflammatory rheumatism/diseases
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis (Bechterew's disease)
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Systemic autoimmune diseases:
- Sjögren’s syndrome
- Lupus disease (Systemic lupus erythematosus)
- Inflammatory diseases:
- Bone diseases:
- Phosphocalcic metabolism disorder s
- Spinal disorders:
- Low back pain/ Sciatica/Radicular back pain/Cervicobrachialgia
- Periarticular diseases:
Our department gives general rheumatology consultations as well as specialised consultations for chronic inflammatory diseases.
At Clinic Saint-Jean, the rheumatology department has the distinction of forming part of a musculoskeletal support centre, which means that we work alongside the other specialists in musculoskeletal medicine such as orthopaedists and physical medicine specialists.
In addition, we have developed a day hospitalisation measure for the administration of intravenous treatment (biological therapies, etc.) to outpatients.