Our department provides screening, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the eye and surrounding areas (eyelids and tear glands) in adults and children from birth. We give general ophthalmology consultations and specialised consultations in
- surgery on the anterior segment (conjunctiva, cornea, iris and lens),
- orbito-palpebral surgery,
- medical retina (intravitreal injections) and
- paediatric ophthalmology.
Consultations are carried out as follows:
- Measurement of the refractive state of the eye, optical adaptations (spectacles) and intraocular pressure using state-of-the-art measurement instruments.
- Clinical examination by a medical ophthalmologist: measurement of visual acuity, biomicroscopic exploration and exploration of the back of the eye.
- Additional in-depth examinations are performed if necessary. For this, we have technical facilities equipped with the latest technology, such as OCT (ocular computed tomography), digitalised fluorescein angiography, optical biometry, visual field, corneal topography, specular microscopy, ultrasound, argon and yag retinal laser treatments
We work in collaboration with the Clinic’s various departments (endocrinology, rheumatology, paediatrics, neurology, etc.)
Operation on the eye and surrounding areas are performed mainly as day surgeries.